To promote and ensure a peaceful society through the use of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) mechanisms with particular emphasis on Mediation and Conciliation
The core objectives of ICMC Lagos are to:
- Promote, regulate and build capacity for the use of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) mechanisms to enhance law and order, access to justice, safety and security.
- Promote all forms of peace building, mediation and conciliation.
- Promote the integration of continuous dialogue, peace building and popular participation in all policies of governance.
- Regulate and improve the practice of mediation, negotiation, conciliation and peace building in Nigeria.
- Train, accredit and certify mediators, conciliators and peace builders across Nigeria, and induct them into the Institute to practice.
- Set the standard for the practice of mediation and conciliation in Nigeria.
- Establish, operate and manage mediation and conflict resolution centres.
- Provide neutrals for the resolution of all forms of disputes etc.
- Provide consultancy services on peace building strategies to build and sustain harmonious relationships.
- Create platforms for members to interact and network.